4.24.2011

Happy Easter!!!

This year, instead of my usual strawberry cheesecake, I decided to take my Easter desserts to a whole new level :) Enjoy! And feel free to steal any of these ideas for next year...

The "nest" in the center is made of chocolate covered pretzel sticks and the "eggs" are Sour Patch jelly beans.  

Baaaaah. That marshmallow lamb may be cute, but she was a pain in the butt to create! The body is a large marshmallow, surrounded by smaller ones stuck on with marshmallow fluff. The pupils are tiny chocolate chips, the legs and nose are Raisinets, and the ears and mouth are Sour Patch jelly beans. The lamb is on a tea biscuit, stuck on with marshmallow fluff.  Have you lost count of the calories yet?

Of course, what's an Easter gathering without witty place cards? Click here for the downloadable template I made!

Again with the marshmallows... Simply put on a stick, dipped in chocolate and sprinkles, and wrapped in cellophane. Oh, and I stuck them into an orange to serve as a centerpiece. Creative, huh?

Here are some mini "nests", placed in cupcake liners.

Check out those adorable mini "eggs" made of Rice Krispy treats! I rolled the eggs in some festive Easter sprinkles (as if they weren't cute enough already).
I do. I layered tape in the shape of a T-shirt on the egg before dying it blue. Then I removed the tape and used Sharpie to write "I  God" in bubble letters.
Just so that you can take a look at the shape of the shirt...


First, I wrote Jesus all over the egg in Sharpie. I died the whole thing blue and then died the top half in yellow to give it a fade-ish effect.

Cool, huh? All I did was dye the egg yellow, tape it all around (purposely leaving cracks and folds in the tape for the dye to seep through), and then dye it purple. After removing the tape, I realized it came out much cooler than I expected, with this sort of tie-dye effect.

Who doesn't love a little urban flavor? I simply drew a skyline all around the egg in sharpie, colored *above* it with white wax crayon, and then dye the entire thing grey. Or gray. Whichever you prefer...

This beauty is the work of a true artist... Natasha. 

I saved the best for last! :P I just used Sharpie and my imagination.

No comments:

Post a Comment